Have questions about what it’s like to live day to day in Guatemala? Worried about details travel guides leave out? In this easy-to-digest guide, I lay out for you everything you need to know about living in Antigua Guatemala safely. You’ll have at your fingertips information you won’t find spelled out anywhere and how you can confidently move to Antigua like a seasoned expat.
Digitally available in ePub (iPad-Ready format) and PDF format, it features over 450 pages and more than 150 beautiful pictures of Antigua and surrounding communities. Don’t just read about it, see it! Two books in one, a photo book and a travel guide.
Less than what it would cost you to bring just one carry-on bag
on a fact-finding trip to Guatemala!
*Using Paypal? You’ll be automatically redirected to download page after successful payment.
*Prefer credit card? After payment via Paypal, you’ll be first given the option to print your receipt.
Press “Return to UnwireMe” link on receipt page to be inmediately directed to your download page.
Here’s What Happy Buyers are Saying About the
“Living in Antigua” Guide:
Read the guide and come check out Antigua. If you don’t find this to be the most helpful and insightful guide you could’ve purchased, send me an e-mail and I’ll refund your money. No questions asked. In fact, I’ll give you a One-Year Guarantee from the time of purchase. Compare that to Amazon’s seven-day return policy.
It takes time to prepare for a move to a foreign country, I know. So I want you to be ready and not rush through it.
I fell in love with Antigua the first moment I visited three years ago. I devoured all the information I could about living here, and even though I married a Guatemalan women, there were still gaps in information that as a foreigner, I did not have any knowledge about. Simple tasks like setting up Internet service, or deal with banks, were a lot more complicated than they should’ve been.
This guide gives you, future Antigua resident, information that you could not possibly hope to gather yourself in a two-week, or even a month-long fact-finding trip. There’s information here that you will help you steer clear of costly and painful mistakes that could have easily been avoided with a little bit of insider knowledge and planning.
What this Living in Antigua book is not: This is not a travel guide. At least not in the traditional sense. There’s a huge number of websites dedicated to ranking the best restaurants and “touristy” things to do in Antigua. In fact, printed travel guides are falling out of fashion, as they’re usually outdated by the time they go to press. While I list many “can’t-miss” experiences in the book, my aim is to help you come down here and explore for yourself. To go beyond the tourist trail and get to know what else is out there beyond the 20 city blocks Antigua has to offer.
The 18 Chapter Breakdown
1. Culturally: What to expect in your daily interactions with Guatemalans. Why some topics are off limits.
2. Safety: What to do to stay safe in Antigua, manage risk, and what to do if something does happen. No need to be scared here.
3. Cost of Living: I break down each category, from food, to housing, utilities and more. I’ve done both lifestyles, as a local and as an expat. What each costs and why.
4. Housing Overview: Here, I have to burst your bubble. Antigua is not cheap – for tourists. Learn how to live like a local and watch your wallet get fatter.
5. North of Antigua: Why some communities here are popular and expensive… and why you should look elsewhere.
6. East of Antigua: You can live the pampered life in Antigua.
7. South of Antigua: Quiet communities that will give you good value for your money. And which popular ones you should stay away from.
8. Southwest of Antigua: This is the jackpot. Some of the best communities to live are here. Learn how a mile can make a difference of hundreds of dollars.
9. Cost of Utilities: What you should pay for what. How a little device can save you hundreds of dollars a year.
10. Cost of Food: Forget the tourist traps. Been there, done that. Where to get real, delicious Guatemalan food for a fraction of the price. Learn to shop like the locals.
11. Phone, Net, & Mail: How to stay one step ahead of the phone companies. Get the info on costs for Internet and how to send and receive packages without hassle.
12. Transportation: How to conquer the famed “chicken bus” and get anywhere without the need for a car.
13. Children in Antigua: You’ll learn what the school system is like, where to enroll your children, and how to involve them in after-school activities for next to nothing.
14. Pets in Antigua: How to bring your pets to Antigua and get them through Customs without hassle. Where to get the best care in for your pet in Antigua.
15. Medical Care: Learn how to get the best medical care you’ve ever had and probably would not have been able to afford in a First-world country. I tell you our story.
16. Banking in Antigua: What you need to know to manage money here, and how to avoid being ripped off.
17. Visas & Residency: How to stay in Guatemala longer and without hassle. What to do if you’d like to stay here permanently.
18. Foreign Vehicles: Yes, you can bring your foreign car to Guatemala. But would you want to? How to manage your vehicle’s visa.
Plus, bonus information that will make your life much easier.
Want to take a peek? Download a sample!
*Prefer Paypal? You’ll be automatically redirected to download page after successful payment.
*Or prefer credit card? You’ll have the option to print your receipt.
Press “Return to UnwireMe” link on receipt page to access download page.
Remember, you have a One-Year Guarantee from time of purchase. No questions asked.
Return to UnwireMe.com